Out of the millions of websites on the internet, in5d is ranked in the top 1/2 of 1% of all websites globally with over half a million visitors each month. THANK YOU for being part of our in5d family!
Please visit our sister sites in5d Connection, maya 2012 and HolisticCancerResearch. Click HERE for in5d t shirts, mugs and more!
3. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable
superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able
to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
4. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more
certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not
lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith,
but through striving after rational knowledge.
5. Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face
of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
6. The scientists' religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous
amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence
of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking
and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.
7. There is no logical way to the discovery of elemental laws. There is
only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order
lying behind the appearance.
8. The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a
faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and
has forgotten the gift.
9. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is
the source of all true art and science.
10. We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of
course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
11. Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and
Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.
12. When the solution is simple, God is
13. God does not play dice with the universe.
14. God is subtle but he is not malicious.
15. A human being is a part of the whole, called by us Universe, a part
limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings as something separated from the rest-a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison,
restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by
widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and
the whole nature in its beauty.
16. Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for
survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
17. The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures
as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for
18. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by
19. Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.
20. The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like
a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the
ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that
someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It
does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the
child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books---a
mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects.
21. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its
own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he
contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous
structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a
little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.
22. What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can
comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person
with a feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that
has nothing to do with mysticism.
23. The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion. Herein lies the germ of all art and
all true science. Anyone to whom this feeling is alien, who is no
longer capable of wonderment and lives in a state of fear is a dead
man. To know that what is impenatrable for us really exists and
manifests itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty,
whose gross forms alone are intelligible to our poor faculties - this
knowledge, this feeling ... that is the core of the true religious
sentiment. In this sense, and in this sense alone, I rank myself amoung
profoundly religious men.
24. The real problem is in the hearts and minds of men. It is easier to
denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of man.
25. True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all
one's goodness and righteousness.
26. Intelligence makes clear to us the interrelationship of means and
ends. But mere thinking cannot give us a sense of the ultimate and
fundamental ends. To make clear these fundamental ends and valuations
and to set them fast in the emotional life of the individual, seems to
me precisely the most important function which religion has to form in
the social life of man.
1. Respect everyone, including our guests.
2. No continuous swearing (some words are tolerated, like hell, shit and ass, but not often) No "F" word!!!
3. NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS, CONTINUOUSLY! On one line, it's alright, but not all the time.
4. No PoStS LiKe ThIs AlL tHe tImE.
5. Don't ask to be mod
6. No racist or homophobic comments
7. No impersonations of Mods, Admin or other Chatango members
8. No porn
9. No pretending to be mod
10. No sexual harassment
11. Try to keep the chat focused on metaphysical, spiritual or esoteric topics
12. No spamming
13. Have fun Violating any of these rules may result in an immediate ban. For some people, this will be their first time here. Let's try to make a nice impression for all of our guests and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.