by Gregg Prescott, M.S.
50 inspirational quotes from John Lennon. John Lennon was one of those rare people who was more influenced by peace and harmony than living an affluent life. His words were not only deep but inspiring. While John did not lead a very long life, his words remain immortal.
50. “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.”
49. “Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty.”
48. “My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.”
47. “That’s what the great masters and mistresses have been saying ever since time began. They can point the way, leave signposts and little instructions in various books that are now called holy and worshipped for the cover of the book and not for what it says, but the instructions are all there for all to see, have always been and always will be.”
46. “Everybody loves you when you’re six foot in the ground.”
45. “There is an alternative to war. It’s staying in bed and growing your hair.”
44. “My defenses were so great. The cocky rock and roll hero who knows all the answers was actually a terrified guy who didn’t know how to cry. Simple.”
43. “Well, I don’t want to be king, I want to be real.”
42. “Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting my friends”
41. “Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best, and do it.”
40. “I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.”
39. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”
38. “One thing I can tell you is you have to be free. Come together, right now, over me.”
37. “Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.”
36. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”
35. “Music is everybody’s possession. It’s only publishers who think that people own it.”
34. “Only by trying on other people’s clothes do we find what size we are.”
33. “Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It’s quite possible to do anything, but not if you put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don’t expect Carter or Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself.”
32. “Declare it. Just the same way we declare war. That is how we will have peace… we just need to declare it.”
31. “Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realized that the imagery in my mind wasn’t insanity. Surrealism to me is reality.”
30. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.”
29. “Happiness is just how you feel when you don’t feel miserable.”
28. “If everyone could just be happy with themselves and the choices people around them make, the world would instantly be a better place!”
27. “You know the way people begin to look like their dogs? Well, we’re beginning to look like each other.”
26. “A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.”
25. I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.
24. “The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn’t the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.”
23. “…Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I don’t know what will go first, rock ‘n’ roll or Christianity. We’re more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It’s them twisting it that ruins it for me.”
22. “We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
21. “When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind.”
20. “You’re all geniuses, and you’re all beautiful. You don’t need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, and live peace and breathe peace, and you’ll get it as soon as you like.”
19. I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?
18. “Everything is clearer when you’re in love.”
17. “I’m not really a career person; I’m a gardener, basically.”
16. “Sometimes you wonder, I mean really wonder. I know we make our own reality, and we always have a choice, but how much is preordained? Is there always a fork in the road, and are there two preordained paths that are equally preordained? There could be hundreds of paths where one could go this way or that way — there’s a chance, and it’s very strange sometimes.”
15. “Peace is not something you wish for; It’s something you make, Something you do , Something you are, And something you give away”
14. “Why in the world are we here? Surely not to live in pain and fear. Why on earth are you there, when you’re everywhere-come and get your share.”
13. “Creativity is a gift. It doesn’t come through if the air is cluttered.”
12. “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.”
11. “Love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep on watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.”
10. “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”
9. “There are no problems, only solutions.”
8. “There’s nothing new under the sun. All the roads lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you. I can’t wake you up. You can wake you up. I can’t cure you. You can cure you.”
7. “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.”
6. “There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done
Nothing you can sing that can’t be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.
Nothing you can make that can’t be made.
No one you can save that can’t be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
Nothing you can know that isn’t known.
Nothing you can see that isn’t shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be.
5. “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.”
4. “If you want peace, you won’t get it with violence.”
3. “All we are saying is give peace a chance.”
2. “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love”
1. “Love, Love, Love. All you need is love. Love is all you need.”
Click here for more articles by Gregg Prescott!
About the Author:
Gregg Prescott, M.S. is the founder and editor of In5D and BodyMindSoulSpirit. You can find his In5D Radio shows on the In5D Youtube channel. Gregg is also a transformational speaker and promotes spiritual, metaphysical and esoteric conferences in the United States through In5dEvents. His love and faith for humanity motivates him to work in humanity’s best interests 12-15+ hours a day, 365 days a year. Please like and follow In5D on Facebook, BodyMindSoulSpirit on Facebook and In5D on YouYube!