Ho’oponopono means, ‘to make right,’ or ‘to rectify an error.’ According to the ancient Hawaiians, error arises from thoughts that are tainted by painful memories from the past. Ho’oponopono offers a way to release the energy of these painful thoughts, or errors, which cause imbalance and disease.
By Dr. Joe Vitale
- There’s nothing to do but clean (i.e., release programs in the mind).
- The more you clean, the more you can receive inspiration from the Divine.
- You act from Memory or Inspiration, and usually it’s Memory (data).
- The only thing to clean is what you feel inside; you’re clearing perception.
- The only goal is freedom; to be at Zero.
Knowing the fundamentals is one thing, living them is quite another. This is why we sometimes need books, audios, DVDs, tools, seminars, coaches, and whatever else we can use to remind us that all the work takes place within.
The world is made up of “data” and it’s this very data that needs cleaned. The thing is, we perceive all that data as being outside of us, when in reality it’s inside us, so that’s where the cleaning has to take place.
In other words, there’s nothing “out there.” It’s all inside you. That’s where you experience problems and that’s where the cleaning needs done.
Dr. Hew Len often asks, “Have you ever noticed that when you have a problem, you are there?”
Think about that.
“Complete responsibility means accepting it all – even the people who enter your life and their problems, because their problems are your problems. They are in your life, and if you take full responsibility for your life, then you have to take full responsibility for what they are experiencing, too.”
– from Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More by Joe Vitale and Dr. Hew Len
But what is the right way to clean?
If cleaning is the number one most important thing to do and is the core of the entire Zero Limits and ho’oponopono process, how do you do it accurately?
Here’s how I do it:
1. I notice something I consider wrong. This can be triggered by a thought, another person, an event, or anything else. This is the stimulus. Before Zero Limits, noticing a problem was always considered “out there.” After Zero Limits, you realize the problem is inside. It’s actually a problem in perception. Whatever the case, the first step is to notice you don’t feel good. You’re angry, upset, worried, scared, or any other of a wide range of emotions and feelings that could be labeled as unhappy.
2. I start to clean on the feeling. I don’t clean on the other person, or the thought, or the situation, or anything “out there.” Again, the problem is inside. I’m the one aware of a problem. I’m the one who has to clean it. For me, saying “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, “Please forgive me” and “Thank you” is the way to clean. I say the phrases in any order. I say them non-stop in my mind while feeling the problem as I perceive it. And I say it to the Divine.
3. I sometimes use other cleaning methods. For example, the last time I saw Dr. Hew Len, he told me my own business card (the one with my red Panoz car on it called Francine) is a cleaning tool. He said, “In your mind imagine slicing the problem up with the edge of the card.”
4. I let go of need, addiction or attachment and wait to be prompted to take inspired action. Dr. Hew Len once told me that he cleans on a decision three times. If the answer is the same after those cleanings, he takes action on it. This means if I get an impulse to do something to resolve the perceived problem, I might clean on it three times before I actually take any action. This is a way to insure the action is coming from inspiration and not memory.
5. Repeat as needed.
Business Card Cleaning Tool Per Dr. Len
Everyone wants a short-cut to cleaning and reaching Zero. I do, too.
But it’s that very impatience that needs cleaned. Wanting something right now is Memory playing out, urging us to get instant gratification. It’s data. The Divine has no sense of time and no urgency. Wanting things to unfold faster than they unfold is a wonderful opportunity to clean.
I keep cleaning because it makes me feel lighter, happier and healthier; it is a fast-track way for me to remove the data in my being so I can get closer to the Divine; and because it’s easy, effortless, and free.
Until the Divine gives me another way to clean, I’ll keep on cleaning.
Dr. Joe Vitale is the star of the hit movie, “The Secret.” He is also the author of way too many bestselling books to mention here. To name a few: The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) From the Inside Out, Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More and his latest, Attract Money Now
See EXCLUSIVE In5D videos and ad free articles on Patreon for a minimal donation! https://www.patreon.com/in5d