Out of the millions of websites on the internet, in5d is ranked in the top 1/2 of 1% of all websites globally with over half a million visitors each month. THANK YOU for being part of our in5d family!
Please visit our sister sites in5d Connection, maya 2012 and HolisticCancerResearch. Click HERE for in5d t shirts, mugs and more!
Religion = subservience, control and conformity, the same template as EVERY government.
Death, Murder and Religion
Look at how many people have died in the name of their religious deity. How can a 'Christian' soldier kill another man without going to the fictitious hell? Does anyone else see the irony in this?
What about the Christian Crusades, which killed millions of people in the name of their 'god'? What about the Spanish Inquisition, which once again killed tens of thousands (if not more) people in the name of 'Christianity'?
My mother and I would get into religious debates. I remember she once told me, “MY church does a lot of good things for the community.” My response was, “Why do you need a church to do good things for other people?”
Granted, the bible provides morality for people but does one need to read a religious text, created by man to CONTROL man, to become a morally responsible citizen?
The last Pope recently admitted there was no “hell” and that “hell” was made up by the church. The Jewish do no believe in hell, either. People, when referring to the fictitious “hell” gesture in a downwards manner, as if “hell” exists in the center of the Earth. Why would the fictitious hell be anywhere, especially in the core of the Earth instead of one of the trillion of stars in the galaxy? Because it’s a fictitious place created to keep good “Christians” living in fear.
Faults in the Bible
Let’s examine the bible’s faults in logic:
1. Promotes Incestuous Relations. If everyone is the product of Adam and Eve, then are we all the products of incest?
2. Ridiculous Timeline. Theologians believe Adam and Eve walked the Earth approximately 6,000 years ago. If “god” created the Earth and it’s contents 6,000 years ago, then explain anything older than 6,000 years, such as dinosaur bones.
Webbot Clif High: 2012, 11:11, the Mayan Calendar and the Roman Catholic Church
3. No Evidence. There are ancient drawings on cave walls that show pictures of UFO’s. In the bible, “Jesus” allegedly performed many miracles but no one wrote about them until 300 years after his alleged death. Granted people were illiterate back then but surely someone could have drawn a picture of one of his miracles. Even the caveman drew a picture of one of his miracles.
4. Can the Christian explain genetic diversity? Probably not. Their fairy tale continues with Noah and his fictitious ark. Noah allegedly gathered two of every animal and placed them aboard his ark, along with his family members. That creates several more problems:
a) How did Noah gather animals that were not indigenous to his homeland, such as penguins, sea lions and walruses? b) Once again, are we to believe that we are the products of incest from Noah and his family? c) If we all are descendants from Noah and his family, then pleas explain genetic diversity. Did Noah bring aboard two Caucasian, Hispanic, African and Asian people on his ship, too? d) How did Noah gather the millions of insects aboard his ark? How did he find the ones only located in rain forests that are not indigenous to his homeland? e) I we are all descendants from Noah, then please explain the reasoning behind different blood types.
11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway
1. Round haircuts. See you in Hell, Beatles... and/or kids with bowl cuts, surfer cuts or (my favorite) butt cuts. Leviticus 19:27 reads "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."
2. Football. At least, the pure version of football, where you play with a pigskin. The modern synthetic footballs are ugly and slippery anyways. Leviticus 11:8, which is discussing pigs, reads "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."And you're doubly breaking that if you wake up, eat some sausage then go throw around the football. Or go to the county fair and enter a greased pig catching contest.
3. Fortune telling. Before you call a 900 number (do people still call 900 numbers, by the way?), read your horoscope or crack open a fortune cookie, realize you're in huge trouble if you do.
Leviticus 19:31 reads "Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God." The penalty for that? Check Leviticus 20:6: "As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people."Seems like a lifetime of exile is a pretty harsh penalty for talking to Zoltar.
4. Pulling out.The Bible doesn't get too much into birth control... it's clearly pro-populating but, back when it was written, no one really anticipated the condom or the sponge, so those don't get specific bans. But... pulling out does. One of the most famous sexual-oriented Bible verses... the one that's used as anti-masturbation rhetoric... is actually anti-pulling out.
It's Genesis 38:9-10: "Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord; so He took his life also."Yep -- pull out and get smote. That's harsh. Banned.
5. Tattoos. No tattoos. Leviticus 19:28 reads, "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."Not even a little butterfly on your ankle. Or Thug Life across your abdomen. Or even, fittingly enough, a cross.
6. Polyester, or any other fabric blends. The Bible doesn't want you to wear polyester. Not just because it looks cheap. It's sinfully unnatural.
Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."Check the tag on your shirt right now. Didn't realize you were mid-sin at this exact second, did you? (Unless you checked the tag by rolling off your neighbor's wife while you two were having anal sex in the middle of robbing a blind guy. Then your Lycra-spandex blend is really the least of your problems.)
7. Divorce. The Bible is very clear on this one: No divorcing. You can't do it. Because when you marry someone, according to Mark 10:8, you "are no longer two, but one flesh." And, Mark 10:9 reads, "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."Mark gets even more hardcore about it a few verses later, in Mark 10:11-12, "And He said to them, 'Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.'"
8. Letting people without testicles into church. Whether you've been castrated or lost one or two balls to cancer isn't important. The Bible doesn't get that specific. It just says you can't pray.
Deuteronomy 23:1 reads (this is the God's Word translation, which spells it out better), "A man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of the Lord.
"Oh, and the next verse says that if you're a bastard, the child of a bastard... or even have a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchild of a bastard, you can't come to church or synagogue either. Deuteronomy 23:2 reads, "No one of illegitimate birth shall enter the assembly of the Lord; none of his descendants, even to the tenth generation, shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
9. Wearing gold. 1 Timothy 2:9 doesn't like your gold necklace at all. Or your pearl necklace. Or any clothes you're wearing that you didn't get from Forever 21, Old Navy or H&M.
"Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments." All banned.
10. Shellfish.Leviticus 11:10 reads, "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you." And shellfish is right in that wheelhouse. Leviticus 11 bans a TON of animals from being eaten (it's THE basis for Kosher law); beyond shellfish and pig, it also says you can't eat camel, rock badger, rabbit, eagle, vulture, buzzard, falcon, raven, crow, ostrich, owl, seagull, hawk, pelican, stork, heron, bat, winged insects that walk on four legs unless they have joints to jump with like grasshoppers, bear, mole, mouse, lizard, gecko, crocodile, chameleon and snail.
Sorry if that totally ruins your plans to go to a rock badger eat-off this weekend.
11. Your wife defending your life in a fight by grabbing your attacker's genitals. No joke. Deuteronomy actually devotes two verses to this exact scenario: Deuteronomy 25:11-12."If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."That's impossible to misinterpret. Ladies, if your husband is getting mugged, make sure to kick the mugger in the pills. Do not do the grip and squeeze (no matter what "Miss Congeniality" might advise). Or your hand needs to be cut off.
We haven't even touched on the hypocrisy of the Roman Catholic Church.
Surely, there will be "christians" who read this and will judge me, proving the hypocrisy of many "christians" who enjoy pointing out other people's faults while "judging" them. As an agnostic, I believe in an all-loving, higher source of power, not the bipolar biblical god who is loving one minute and killing people the next minute.
And please do no misinterpret this post. I don't hate anyone who is religious!!
The bottom line is that religion = subservience, control and conformity, the same template as everygovernment. To the fundamentalist Christian, how is that working for us so far?
Copyright Information: Copyright in5d and Gregg Prescott, M.S.. This content may be freely reproduced in full or in part in digital form.
1. Respect everyone, including our guests.
2. No continuous swearing (some words are tolerated, like hell, shit and ass, but not often) No "F" word!!!
3. NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS, CONTINUOUSLY! On one line, it's alright, but not all the time.
4. No PoStS LiKe ThIs AlL tHe tImE.
5. Don't ask to be mod
6. No racist or homophobic comments
7. No impersonations of Mods, Admin or other Chatango members
8. No porn
9. No pretending to be mod
10. No sexual harassment
11. Try to keep the chat focused on metaphysical, spiritual or esoteric topics
12. No spamming
13. Have fun Violating any of these rules may result in an immediate ban. For some people, this will be their first time here. Let's try to make a nice impression for all of our guests and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. in5d.com is not responsible for content written by contributing authors. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. in5d.com assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.