Are you an Indigo?
Indigo children is the name given to the new type of human being born in this generation.
Displaying amazing feats of intuition and intelligence beyond their years, these indigos have begun more of a common concept within our lexicon.
This list is developed by play therapist Jan Yordy , a former elementary school teacher and child counselor who’s been working with parents and children for 25 years.
As we go over the list, see if you resonate with any of these traits:
1. May be strong willed independent thinkers who prefer to do their own thing rather than comply with authority figures/parents.
2. Have a wisdom and level of caring beyond their youthful experience.
3. Traditional parenting and discipline strategies don’t appear effective with these children. If you try to force an issue, a power struggle is the typical outcome.
5. Emotionally they can be reactive and may have problems with anxiety, depression or temper rages if not energetically balanced.
6. Are creative right brain thinkers, but may struggle to learn in a traditional left brain school system.
7. Often Indigos are diagnosed with ADD and ADHD since they appear impulsive (their brain can process information faster) and they require movement to help keep them better focused.
8. Indigos are very intuitive, and may see hear or know things that seem unexplainable.
9. Indigos have more problems with food and environmental sensitivities, since their system is more finely tuned.
10. When their needs are not met, these children seem self centered and demanding, although this is not their true nature.
11. These children have incredible gifts and potential, but they may be shut down when not properly nurtured and accepted.
Jan Yordy most famously developed the “Energy Connection” therapy workshops and is a founding member of the Integrated Center for Optimal Learning. Jan is the author of the book “Indigo Children, the Next Step in Human Evolution.”
Could you be a part of the “next step in human evolution?” Explore the possibilities.